This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
Your privacy is important to us, which is why we will never release your personal details to any company outside of the MAYZAM for their mailing or marketing purposes without your specific consent to do so, although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below. We treat all of your personal information as confidential and keep it on a secure server.
WHEN WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
To provide you with the best possible service, we’d like to keep you up-to-date with a range of products and services provided by MAYZAM. This may include news of special events, promotions, product launches and catalogues. As we are constantly looking to improve our services, if you have registered for the news alert subscription service, we may occasionally contact you for research purposes by post, telephone, SMS text messaging and / or email. You can choose not to receive further information from us by unsubscribing.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- The deletion of the data we hold about you, in specific circumstances; for example, when you withdraw consent or object, and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a warranty).
- A computer file in a common format (CSV or similar) containing the personal data that you have previously provided to us, and the right to have your information transferred to another entity where this is technically possible.
- Restriction of the use of your personal data, in specific circumstances, generally while we are deciding on an objection you have made.
- That we stop processing your personal data, in specific circumstances; for example, when you have withdrawn consent, or object for reasons related to your individual circumstances.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Review by a Partner of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (so where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
- If we choose not to action your request, we will explain the reasons for our refusal.
YOUR RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
WHERE WE RELY ON OUR LEGITIMATE INTEREST
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data, such as administration of an extended warranty.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
CHECKING YOUR IDENTITY
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
USING THIS WEBSITE AND YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
You do not have to provide any information to us to use this website. However, certain sections of the site or facilities within the site may not be accessible if you choose not to share essential information with us. When you visit mayhem.com and register for the news alerts service, we will ask you to submit – and will collect – personal information from you, including: your name, email address and telephone number. We may collect information about your internet connection and website use, e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain type, browser type, the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit and any search terms you entered on our website (User Information). We may collect this information from registered and unregistered users. We use this information to help us make improvements to our website and online services.
Any personal information you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any user information from which we identify you we use your information for the following purposes only:
- For statistical purposes to improve this website and the services we offer
- To provide you with relevant content
- To administer this website.
If you have registered to receive notification of new content that may be of interest to you, then we may use your personal information to send you these notifications by telephone, email or SMS.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within the MAYZAM